Join the team at LOLA
Senior Marketing Manager — New York, NY
LOLA is a venture-backed startup that is transforming the feminine care market. We strive to give customers convenient access to natural products via our 100% organic cotton menstrual product subscription offering. Since launch, LOLA has been featured in Vogue, TechCrunch, and FastCompany, to name just a few. We are growing fast and we need your help!
LOLA is looking for a data-driven Senior Marketing Manager to oversee and grow our customer acquisition efforts. You’d be an early hire at a growing startup — so you should thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a can-do attitude, and be willing to pitch in where needed!
What you’ll do:
- Scale new and existing direct-response marketing channels with strict adherence to KPIs: you’ve worked with Facebook and Adwords before and live and breathe CPAs, CPCs, and CVRs
- Lead exploration and testing of experimental channels: our product is innovative, and our marketing mix should be too!
- Help to build and execute creative, brand-driven campaigns to introduce LOLA to prospective consumers both online and offline
- Measure performance, create optimization plans, and build forecasting frameworks to fuel the growth of our business
- Ideate and help to build out A/B testing initiatives both on- and off-site (creative, copy, landing pages, etc)
- Build go-to-market media strategies to support new product launches and create awareness within new consumers sets
- Manage and own relationships with external vendors and agency partners
- Collaborate with internal teams including product development, tech, operations, and customer service to optimize and build amazing customer experiences
Who you are:
- You have 3 - 6 years working in a marketing role for a brand or agency. Start-up or ecommerce experience is a major plus.
- You’ve previously worked to plan and execute multi-million dollar ad budgets
- You’re equal parts analytical and creative: you have lots of ideas, but also know how to make them happen, and measure their impact
- You’re a Google Analytics and Microsoft Excel power user
- You’re extremely organized, have excellent communication skills, and are a natural self-starter
- You have a phenomenal sense of humor and must love talking tampons
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Director — New York, NY
LOLA is looking for a highly intuitive and thoughtful Creative Director with exceptional storytelling skills to bring LOLA’s brand narrative to the next level, creating an internal agency that spans design, digital, product, editorial, video, and more. This person will create immersive, end-to-end brand experiences across multiple customer touchpoints, working cross-functionally across the business to understand, conceptualize, engage, and expand our community. You are someone who cares deeply about the work you do with a curiosity to push boundaries within an already dynamic and authentic brand. As our first in-house creative hire, you have an enormous opportunity to implement creative processes from scratch and build your own amazing team in-house as well as develop an arsenal of talented freelancers.
What you'll do:
- Create engaging work on traditional and non-traditional channels focused on engaging, educating, and acquiring a diverse audience of customers through projects ranging from brand/campaigns to digital content and other initiatives requiring creative input
- Build and manage LOLA’s creative team and resources with both in-house and external support; in other words, you own everything copy, photography, production, and creative operations
- Advocate for designers, their processes, and proposed solutions, and within a world of resource constraints, promote scrappiness and high decision velocity
- Play a leadership role in guiding strategic creative decisions and gain buy-in from stakeholders on proposed creative solutions, partnering with key stakeholders, specifically marketing, digital product, and physical product, to ensure creative work is addressing LOLA’s strategic goals
- Ensure that LOLA’s established look-and-feel and voice is successfully implemented across projects, helping to maintain consistency across all channels while driving evolution of visual systems as we continue to grow into new markets, partnerships, etc.
- Be the internal and external advocate for the LOLA brand (voice, tone, design, etc)
Who you are:
- 4+ years full-time, professional design experience, preferably with print and brand development background, proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a passion and ability to lead creative initiatives across a wide range of platforms (TV, web, print, OOH). You’ve led projects through full strategic and creative development: research, strategy (why and how), naming, copywriting, and content development
- A nuanced understanding of the LOLA brand, voice, and mission
- Exceptional type and design skills a must
- Strong project management and organization skills, with an extreme, almost exasperating level of attention to detail
- Comfortable working autonomously and collaboratively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, with a love of technology equal to art/copy
- Eager to take on new challenges, implement new approaches and ideas, grow, test, and learn
- Demonstrated experience of building and developing teams with clear goals and impact
- 10+ years experience working either in-house or at an agency
Interested? Email email@example.com.
Director of People — New York, NY
As the Director of People at LOLA, you will have the opportunity to drive hiring and culture at a fast-growing, mission-driven start up. We are looking for someone to help us continue to make LOLA an amazing place to learn, collaborate, and build, and you will have a profound impact on every aspect of our organization through recruiting, professional development, compliance, and culture. Given our agile environment, there is an enormous opportunity to implement processes from scratch. We are looking for someone who can think and plan at a senior level, but who also enjoys rolling up their sleeves and “being their own analyst.”
What you'll do:
- Recruiting: Partner with executives and team leads to design roles and build recruiting pipelines, identify and attract new talent, and own the process for onboarding all new hires.
- Team development: Systematically diagnose organizational issues and subsequently design and implement solutions that benefit our people, shape our culture, and build organizational capability to achieve our business goals. This includes regular feedback cycles, quarterly check-ins, rollout of goals, employee engagement surveys, ongoing training, and ownership of a performance appraisal system that is constructive and motivating.
- Human resources: Maintain a work environment that supports opportunities for individual growth as well as opportunities to address issues, acting as the go-to resource for all HR concerns. Additionally, manage compensation plan and benefits program, keeping up to date on market trends to ensure company is competitive and legally compliant.
- Culture: Curate and champion company culture through events, education, and open communication. Additionally, lead team-building activities for the entire company, including lunch ‘n learns and offsites.
- Analysis: Use analytical approaches to support good business decisions with our people, and periodically evaluate and implement changes to our HR programs. Additionally, analyze and interpret employee retention and other key HR metrics and develop appropriate action plans to inform decisions and address identified needs.
Who you are:
- 5-7 years of HR / People experience in a high-growth environment
- Stellar communication skills for any level, exhibiting empathy at every turn
- Track record of implementing successful HR practices, and desire to put in place programs while we are small that will scale as we grow
- Expert understanding of employment law, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training and development
- Experience managing and implementing recruiting platforms such as ZipRecruiter
- Hands-on, data-driven, can make things happen without a vast support staff
- Ability to work confidentially and responsibly at all levels within an organization with sensitive information
- Competence in building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- SPHR or HRMP certification preferred
- You delight at finding the right person for every role
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.