Join the team at LOLA
We founded LOLA with a simple and seemingly obvious idea: women shouldn't have to compromise when it comes to feminine care.
Like most women, we'd been using the same products since we were teenagers — unapproachable brands we bought by default every time we ran to the drugstore ill-prepared. While we're the first to admit we don't always exercise, eat right, or get enough sleep, we do always make a conscious effort to make smart choices (especially the easy ones). So, when we found out that feminine care brands — the same ones we've been loyal to all these years — aren't required to disclose exactly what's in their products, it made us wonder: what's in our feminine care?
Meet LOLA: 100% organic cotton feminine care with no additives, chemicals, fragrances, or dyes. Our products provide superior protection and are delivered in customizable shipments right to your door. If we care about what's in the food we eat and the beauty products we use, this shouldn't be any different.
We're looking for amazing talent to join our team and build a better, more natural feminine care brand. If you support our mission and want to work on an incredibly fun and entrepreneurial team, we would love to chat with you.
LOLA is looking for a wildly creative and execution-oriented marketing associate to work directly with the director of marketing to develop the brand marketing strategy. You’d be an early hire at a growing startup — so you should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be extremely flexible, have a can-do attitude, and be willing to pitch in where needed!
What you'll do:
- Drive online and offline brand activations, owning the end-to-end process from ideation to execution for small monthly and larger quarterly activations
- Conceive of interactive, creative, and press-worthy brand experiences to engage with our community and drive conversation about ingredients transparency in feminine care
- Work with our press team to develop a proactive press strategy to ensure we are part of relevant conversations in women’s health, targeting relevant media, podcasts, speaking events, and more
- Work cross-functionally with the LOLA team to create campaigns around key moments including product launches and business milestones
- Develop, manage, and execute on high impact brand partnerships and collaborations (e.g., co-branded apparel and events)
- Set long term performance KPIs for brand activations and measure results of each activation and strategy to inform our go-forward thinking
- Project manage the development of creative assets including photos, videos, and on-site assets.
- Build the content strategy, and contribute to content planning and content calendar development for our nascent blog, The Broadcast. Build and manage our writer pipeline, contribute as a writer and editor, and manage founder content strategy and contributions
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years working in a marketing role at a direct to consumer brand or brand agency. Start-up experience is a major plus.
- You have developed and executed on activations/events, press and/or content strategies in some capacity, and you understand how brand and content strategies should be measured to understand impact
- You are a whiz with copy and have some experience writing both long- and short-form copy and have a reputation for being a huge grammar nerd
- You are extremely resourceful and can do a lot with a little (in other words, make a splash on a shoestring budget)
- You are extremely organized, have excellent communication skills, and are a natural self-starter
- You have a phenomenal sense of humor, wit, and must love talking tampons
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
LOLA is looking for a Finance Manager to build and own critical pieces of our reporting infrastructure, including internal and external reporting, accounting, financial planning and analysis, cash monitoring and budgeting, and modeling strategic scenarios regarding LOLA’s resources and investments. This person will also be responsible for delivering deep strategic thinking in the finance function and the organization overall by working with the leadership team to provide data-driven decision support across all functions of the company. You’d be an early hire - so ideally you thrive in ambiguity, want to work across the business in any capacity, and view yourself as a “general athlete.”
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage the finance and accounting operations for LOLA
- Working cross-functionally with sales, marketing, product, and operations to ensure they are making well-informed financial decisions in conjunction with the strategic direction of the business
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Drive the annual budgeting, monthly, or ad-hoc forecasting processes
- Create financial models to project LOLA's income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements under various scenarios, for internal and external stakeholders
- Track and forecast cash flow and burn rate
- Analysis and Reporting
- Develop framework (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually) to track and measure financial performance
- Prepare monthly financial results against budget and forecasts and help provide senior leadership with insight, trends, and highlights (focusing more on the why than the what)
- Continuously improve reporting and analysis to support decision-making, improve organizational performance, and drive business growth
- Collaborate with each business unit on pillar-specific KPIs and help them develop regular reports and dashboards that can speak cross-functionally
- Help provide additional detailed reports to senior leadership on an ad hoc basis
- Prepare financial materials for the leadership team and the company’s Board of Directors, investors, and lenders
- Financing and Capital Raises
- Support any future debt or equity financing processes, through production of forecasts, presentations, and responding to due diligence requests
- Oversee and manage relationships with vendors, banks, accounting firms, credit card agencies, and third party processing payment vendors
- Work cross-functionally on ad hoc projects, such as company moves and other large scale initiatives
- Build models to evaluate key business initiatives
Who you are:
- 3-5 years work experience in a role requiring significant data analysis, interpretation of results, and application of findings
- Experience in a data-driven management consulting, investment banking, or business analytics role is preferred
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel with the ability to create robust, scalable, and flexible financial models in your sleep
- Ability to create and manage complex accounting and reporting systems
- Extremely organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a natural self-starter
- Ability to execute on both tactical detail and the big picture
- Familiarity with ERP or cloud-based tools for financial planning is a plus
- Solid track record of successful team collaboration with ability to own and drive projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get any job - no matter how big or small - done
- Phenomenal sense of humor, must love talking tampons
Interested? Email email@example.com
LOLA is looking for an experienced Sourcing and Production Manager to handle its end to end sourcing and production operations. You will appraise and improve LOLA’s sourcing and production activities by managing existing partnerships, creating new relationships with suppliers, vendors, and contract manufacturers to optimize and expand our physical product portfolio, and work with these external partners on an ongoing basis to manage and maximize production output. You’d be an early hire at a growing startup — so you should thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a can-do attitude, and be willing to pitch in where needed!
- New Vendor Development & Management: Identify, vet, and negotiate with profitable suppliers to initiate business partnerships, ensuring all potential suppliers can and will:
- support growth in existing or new category verticals;
- execute new product development;
- deliver products and quantities at the optimal cost and on time; and
- adhere to LOLA’s partner guidelines for product quality, ingredient, materials sourcing, and environmental standards.
- Existing Vendor Management: Maintain and further develop fruitful sourcing strategies and relationships with LOLA’s existing suppliers, including:
- negotiating with external vendors to secure more advantageous terms;
- approving and managing the ordering of necessary goods and services; and
- working with the Operations team to align on purchase quantities, finalize order details, and manage the production schedule to ensure on-time delivery of finished goods for dispatch.
- New Product Launches and Ongoing Production Management: Track project submissions and production, reporting on key functional metrics to:
- ensure accurate initial order volumes and 12 month forecasting;
- ensure on-time delivery of high-quality products at scale;
- provide project leadership and support; and
- communicate updates across cross-functional teams and to senior management.
- Strategy, Policy, Analytics, and Process: Bring a strategic lens to all parts of the sourcing and production process, including:
- Defining, synthesizing, and reporting out metrics for vendor scorecards;
- Designing workflows to act on variabilities and bring them in line with set targets; and
- Developing benefits tracking process and tools to measure effectiveness.
- A Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management (or comparable technical disciplines) with 2-5 years of direct sourcing experience; production experience is preferred but not required.
- Direct experience with consumer goods (personal care products, plastics and liquids preferred)
- Experience managing and negotiating with a global supplier base for development and testing
- Experience running projects through a full development cycle (sourcing, prototyping, testing, validation, production)
- Experience managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment with the ability to shift priorities quickly
- Comfortable with and able to thrive in environment with unknowns
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- High comfort level with numbers
- Creative skills to be a contributor to "idea generation" of new products, with a pulse on ingredient and product technology trends
- Ability to collaborate and drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- An eagerness to learn and tackle any issue that may arise
- High eQ, “get-it” factor
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org